Rhythm is a global, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to transforming the care of people living with rare melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R) pathway diseases. Working at Rhythm means that you are part of a team that’s passionate about transforming the lives of people living with hyperphagia (pathological, insatiable hunger) and severe obesity caused by rare MC4R pathway diseases. We recognize the courage it takes for patients and their caregivers to begin their journey of advocacy to find the answers they need. Their courage inspires us to challenge convention, ask bold questions and seek answers for them. Every day, we strive for excellence through our willingness to adapt, learn, and our tenacity to overcome barriers, together.Opportunity Overview
Rhythm Pharmaceuticals is focused on making a positive impact on patients living with rare genetic diseases of obesity (RGDO). As a Territory Manager (TM), you will play an integral role in supporting the transformation of the care of people living with Bardet-Biedl syndrome (BBS) by providing disease education to a targeted physician community.
You will work closely with cross-functional partners to support education around clinical diagnosis to support IMCIVREE’s current launch in Bardet-Biedl syndrome (BBS) and other marketed indications in POMC/PCSK1 or LEPR deficiencies (PPL). This position will report to the West Field Sales Director and will cover the following territories: TX, OK, AR.Responsibilities And Duties
Qualifications And Skills
- Create strategic business plans that align with brand strategy and support organizational objectives.
- Develop strong relationships with experts and additional target specialists in assigned geography, ensuring delivery of clinically focused messages.
- Collaborate and coordinate with key field-based stakeholders to proactively address customer needs, identify market dynamics and trends, and communicate insights to marketing teams.
- Collaborate with marketing teams on the development of collateral to support customer needs and the teams’ activities.
- Engage in ongoing training to improve skills and optimize execution to meet yearly objectives.
- Plan, organize, and execute local promotional speaker programs and activities.
- Participate and help lead initiatives to support sales success such as industry related congresses, local and regional meetings, and medical conferences.
- Ensure accurate capture and reporting of data in the CRM.
- Maximize budget allocated to the geographic territory to support execution of strategies and tactics to achieve business goals.
- Ensure completion of all corporate and administrative responsibilities with high levels of efficiency, including Healthcare Compliance training, expense reports and other assignments by established deadlines.
This role is field-based. Candidates applying must be willing and able to travel frequently.
- BS/BA degree preferred.
- 5+ years of specialty pharmaceutical and/or biotech sales experience.
- Rare disease experience is strongly preferred, specifically in the endocrinology and pediatric context; launch experience is a plus.
- Proven track record of consistent performance in complex markets with diverse customer segments.
- Ability to have high command of scientific data and to communicate it effectively to different audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with strong productive engagement of customers utilizing active listening.
- Self-motivated, highly energetic individual with the ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to thrive in a collaborative and accountable culture to reach common goals.
- Strong critical thinking skills with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Strong organizational and operational skills, with attention to detail and sound business judgment.
- Strong understanding of healthcare regulatory and enforcement environments.
- Ability to travel up to 80% as necessary
More about Rhythm
Rhythm is a global, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company aimed at developing and commercializing therapies for the treatment of rare genetic diseases of hyperphagia and severe obesity due to rare melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R) pathway diseases. This is a key biological pathway that regulates weight and hunger. A central element of Rhythm’s mission is to improve the understanding of these diseases and develop management strategies for patients who have no treatment options available to them. Rhythm was founded in 2008 and is based in Boston, MA. The company’s clinical development program is currently focused on several rare MC4R pathway diseases. For healthcare professionals, visit www.RareObesity.com for more information. For those who may be affected or would like to learn more, visit www.LEADforRareObesity.com for more information.