Do you want a career that can make a difference in the healthcare industry? At Amare Medical Network, we care for the people we work with and for.
As an Account Manager for the Post-Acute division, you will be responsible for building and nurturing relationships with our clients, meeting facility needs, and ensuring the satisfaction of both clients and care providers. This client-facing role combines inside sales and account management experience to manage multiple existing clients and develop new business relationships to support company growth targets. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a growth mindset and excellent communication skills and who enjoys working in a values-centric environment with a tight-knit and supportive company culture.The Account Manager must have familiarity with the Pittsburgh, PA, area.Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The establishment, development, and growth of long-term sales relationships in skilled nursing facilities and other healthcare institutions.
- Inside sales mentality with the drive source of new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- Understand customer needs and requirements and coordinate order intake and scheduling staff.
- Expand existing accounts and develop new accounts to achieve aggressive growth goals.
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest in existing and new accounts.
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all facilities within the territory, understanding their unique needs and requirements.
- Respond promptly to client inquiries, concerns, and requests, addressing issues and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Position the value proposition to target facilities, differentiating our services from others in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three-plus years of healthcare industry experience focusing on inside sales, provider relations, contracting, and business development.
- Knowledge of long-term care facility operations and industry trends
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Fully remote work
- Company-issued technology (laptop, monitors, docking station)
- Premium base pay + uncapped commission
- Discretionary Time Off
- 401k- employer match of up to 4%!
- Student Loan Education and Refinancing Program
- Group Medical Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with annual employer-paid contribution for select plans
- Dental Coverage-FREE if enrolled in Medical
- Vision Coverage- FREE if enrolled in Medical
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Better Book Club Participant-earn rewards for investing time in your professional development
- Much More!