VANTAGE is expanding our geographic reach, and we need Surgical Sales Representatives to support our growth! If you are an experienced sales professional and are looking for a new start at a growing medical services company, please consider the following career opportunity. As our new Surgical Sales Representative, you will be responsible for developing a geographic territory, calling on medical facilities and physicians to promote our Ophthalmologic service lines. You will report to and have the daily support of one of our experienced Regional Vice Presidents. They will work directly with you to create a successful sales plan and strategy to support your individual sales objectives.Company Overview
Founded in 1995 and co-headquartered in Nashville, TN and Effingham, IL, Vantage provides support services for cataract, laser, and other ophthalmologic procedures. Vantage deploys state-of-the-art cataract surgery equipment, IOLs, instrumentation, disposables, expert staff, and supplies, enabling hospitals, surgery centers, and physicians to provide their communities with the highest quality cataract surgery. Vantage is active across more than 20 states, particularly in rural locations, throughout the Central, Midwest, and Southeastern U.S. We support our Operations team through a network of regional offices and warehouses to increase efficiency and optimize delivery schedules. In short, we are a medical logistics company that moves and provides medical equipment, supplies, and technicians to facility settings where this equipment or its technicians does not exist today.Objectives of this Role
The Surgical Sales Representative will report to a Regional Vice President of Sales, and the following objectives outline the expectations of the role.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of product lines, market, competitive products, and other possible service lines for company expansion.
- Build and maintain long-lasting, strong relationships with customers while partnering with them to better understand their business objectives and needs.
- Work closely with the Operations team to appropriately manage client relationships, including "same-store" expansion opportunities.
- Maintain a professional presence while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Develop and execute strategic plans, including individual goals and quotas, to achieve annual company sales targets to meet overall company growth objectives.
- Effectively communicate value propositions through visual presentations and contract proposals.
Skills, Qualifications, And Requirements
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share, and other key financial performance objectives.
- Participate in learning and development programs essential to creating sales success and development outcomes to ensure significant, high-quality pipeline prospects.
- Become proficient in using the company CRM (Salesforce) and manage compliant and appropriate system use, ensuring all essential sales communications and accurate documentation of opportunities.
- Provide regular and appropriate updates on sales performance and forecasts to sales team peers and senior management.
- Conduct cold calling/sales lead generation in assigned territory, process information, and follow up with any potential prospects' concerns or issues.
- Close new account sales and maintain existing accounts
- Associates degree or minimum of 3 years of sales experience in a growth-oriented company sales environment.
- Experience in healthcare and or medical equipment sales is preferred. Ophthalmology experience is a plus.
- Basic computer operation experience with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, CSR).
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Problem solver and decision-maker who can handle multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Professional, articulate communication, and excellent customer service skills.
- Exhibit safe driving practices and maintain a safe driving record.
- Provide proper care of company vehicle, if provided.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of all company information.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Position can be based anywhere in the U.S. with a preference towards previously unassigned geography.