Ironwood Pharmaceuticals is a leading global gastrointestinal (GI) healthcare company on a mission to advance the treatment of GI diseases and redefine the standard of care for GI patients. We are pioneers in the development of LINZESS® (linaclotide), the U.S. branded prescription market leader for adults with irritable bowel syndrome with constipation or chronic idiopathic constipation. Ironwood is also advancing apraglutide, a next-generation, long-acting synthetic GLP-2 analog being developed for rare gastrointestinal diseases, including short bowel syndrome with intestinal failure, as well as several earlier stage assets. Building upon our history of GI innovation, we keep patients at the heart of our R&D and commercialization efforts to reduce the burden of GI diseases and address significant unmet needs.
Ironwood takes a science advancing “patient first” approach to business activities. When we say we are patient focused, we mean it. To that end, we are currently seeking passionate sales professionals with an outstanding history of sales performance and high integrity. The ideal candidate will have the drive to educate, a desire to establish value-based customer relationships, and an ability to collaborate with our partner(s) in an effort to improve care for patients. This position will call on gastroenterologists and primary care physicians and will report to a Regional Sales Manager.Responsibilities
- Develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Representative must demonstrate a strong understanding of relevant disease states and possess a solid ability to communicate necessary technical, scientific, and product and disease management information to customers.
- Ability to effectively engage in product discussions in accordance with Ironwood’s selling approach.
- Meet or exceed sales performance in a compliant manner through execution of regional and national marketing strategies.
- Utilize a variety of analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business in order to best determine how to accomplish sales objectives.
- Work collaboratively with Ironwood personnel and co-promote partners to achieve common objectives through coordinated selling efforts.
- Provide timely and competent administrative management of work hours, sales call data, customer objectives, communication responses, sample management, and travel, meal and other expense reporting.
- Effectively build relationships with key medical office personnel.
- Understands that at Ironwood, compliance is an expectation for which we are all held accountable and this philosophy extends to our sales efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Associate CSS: Minimum of 1 year of pharmaceutical sales experience
- CSS: Minimum of 4 years of pharmaceutical sales experience
- Possess a current and valid driver’s license at all times
- Travel over a broad geography
Ironwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written); ability to articulate and implement tactical product and territory strategies
- Specialty sales preferred
- Ability to prioritize tasks, problem solve and work with co-promote partner(s) to make strategic business decisions
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
Ironwood currently anticipates that the initial base salary for this position could range from between $85,000 to $139,650. The actual base salary will depend, in part, on the successful candidate’s qualifications for the role, including education and experience. Ironwood offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program to eligible employees, including Restricted Stock Unit awards; eligibility to participate in either a bonus or sales incentive program; company-sponsored 401(k) with matching contributions; eligibility for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; wellness stipends; and a generous vacation/holiday schedule.