DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of product lines, market, competitive products, and other possible service lines for company expansion. Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of ophthalmic industry information
- Build and maintain long-lasting, strong relationships with customers while partnering with them to better understand their business objectives and needs.
- Work closely with the Operations team to appropriately manage client relationships, including "same-store" expansion opportunities.
- Negotiates contracts and work agreements. Ensures that all required client paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted on time.
- Maintain a professional presence while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Develop and execute strategic plans, including individual goals and quotas, to achieve annual company sales targets to meet overall company growth objectives.
- Responds to all inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required. Continually gathers information on local competition and prevalent industry and business climate within the region; communicates information to management and others as needed.
- Attends and participates in business/trade events that impact business unit upon request of management. Attends and participates in team strategic sales meetings
- Effectively communicate value propositions through visual presentations and contract proposals.
- Exhibits safe driving practices and maintains excellent driving record.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 5 years of sales experience in a healthcare, medical equipment, or ophthalmology sales environment.
- Basic computer operation experience with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, CSR) and proficient in SalesForce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good judgement with the ability to makes timely and sound decisions.
- Creative and Flexible. Ability to work independently or as a member of various teams and committees. Organized, self-motivated, and proactive. Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Problem solver and decision-maker who can handle multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Professional, articulate communication, and excellent customer service skills. Ability to be empathetic and treat others with dignity. Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
- Exhibit safe driving practices and maintain a safe driving record. Provide proper care of company vehicle, if provided.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of all company information.
- Able and willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Motivation--Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing--Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard.
- Occasionally exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials.
- Frequently required to drive short and/or long distances.
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: Cataract equipment.
The focus of this job is making connections with people, motivating and inspiring them to achieve results. Poise and an engaging, empathetic communication style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm is the key to achieving the goals of this job. The work involves driving toward results by enrolling the commitment and buy-in of others. A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated is the foundation for designing and implementing interactive communication and decision-making processes. Knowledge and skill in how to successfully influence and persuade others by understanding how their individual needs and motivations link to goals is essential. The job requires a high degree of “selling”, whether of ideas and policies within the organization, or products or services in the marketplace. The job environment is fast paced and results oriented. A self-confident, extroverted style that can enliven, engage and positively impact individuals and groups is essential. The job has variety of tasks and is dynamic and changing. Because goals and desired results can quickly change, the job requires regularly meeting and pro-actively establishing relationships with new groups. The ability to understand, quickly react and motivate others to adapt to the changing organization environment is a critical key to success.