Picture a shimmering oasis overlooking the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell mountains - Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers luxury and world class hospitality with over 300,000 square feet of meeting space. This award-winning meetings resort has 750 guest rooms, five award-winning restaurants, six sparkling heated pools, and a luxurious Well & Being Spa. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess was recently recognized with the AAA Five Diamond rating for over 30 years, making it one of the longest running AAA Five Diamond Resorts in the America’s. The only thing missing is you!What’s in it for you:
- Employee discounts at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, local companies and Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Free meals at our on-site employee restaurant
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Great Medical and Dental benefits, 401K, Direct Deposit etc.
- Career development opportunities within the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess in addition to national promotion opportunities. The sky is the limit!
The Director of Travel Industry Sales will lead the luxury leisure sales segment of the 5 diamond, Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. Working closely with the Director, Sales and Marketing and Director of Sales, they will implement successful leisure sales strategies. The position will be the key point of contact for the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, on all aspects related to the luxury leisure segment. The Director of Travel Industry Sales is responsible for growing existing luxury Consortia and generating new business to maximize transient revenue, profits, and market share. They will play a senior role in action plan development and implementation.
- Actively participate in discussion and contribute recommendations for yielding strategies in rooms. Attend rooms merchandising meetings.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding consortia room revenue and indirectly transient room revenue as determined by Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Driving sales into the resort premium room and suite categories
- Champion on property for the luxury consortia customers
- Management of the relationship with top clients including penetration of account to uncover travel influencers, management of the agency and travel manager relationships.
- Well versed in loyalty offerings including ALL Accor Live Limitless and use of all programs to shift share to the Princess.
- Actively participates in business review.
- Jointly responsible with Sales team in increasing REVPAR market share.
- Review and disseminate monthly tracking of accounts.
- Responsible for communicating new account data to reservations and GDS.
- Responsible for managing the RFP process for all consortia accounts.
- Responsible or jointly responsible for conducting quarterly and annual customer appreciation events.
- Ensure professional and courteous service to all accounts.
- Create and develop ongoing promotions for key accounts.
- Ensure that travel agent FAM trips are scheduled and professionally conducted.
- Actively participate in trade shows as needed by hotel and corporate office.
- Develop, support and train reservations agents, front office agents and Sales Coordinator.
- Work with Director of Sales and Marketing and Director of Revenue Management in creating and establishing sales action plans and monthly forecast.
- Coordination of sales activities with Global Sales Team as necessary.
- Conduct sales calls, participate in trade shows and entertain clients as needed.
- On property for major site inspections and FAM events
- Required to be on property at the request of the DOSM for internal meetings and events.
- A high degree of independent judgement and discretion on decision making and managing confidential information of the two properties.
- A minimum of five years of Luxury Hotel Leisure Sales and at least two years in a leadership role.
- College Degree Graduate (4 years or equivalent).
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills, outstanding communication, and presentation skills.
- Proven relationships in the luxury group industry
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written), a strong sense of quality and a creative mind set.
- A self-starter that can multi-task and prioritize.
- Travel – varies but approximately 40% of the time.
- Able to work remote from home office in the United States.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English language.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Opera PMS and Sales & Catering an asset
- 50% logical / 50% creative / 100% AMAZING
- Enjoy working with a team and alone as the situation dictates.
- A driver, focused on results
- Adaptive, Flexible!
- Embody "great attitude."
- Unwavering integrity and endless work ethic.
- Appreciate constructive feedback, as well as graciously providing the same.
- Tenacious and self-motivated
Additional InformationYour team and working environment:
A team of Heartists that are committed to working together, supporting each other, and providing the best guest experience, Feel Valued, Feel Sparked, We Are OneOur commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talentWhy work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS