Lead a team to drive sales growth and adoption of innovative, medical technology!Type of Position:
Edison, New Jersey – USACompensation:
$70k - $95k base salary + commissionBenefits:
401k, mileage reimbursement, health/dental/vision package, wellness benefit, learning & development opportunities, paid vacation, personal days, and sick daysThe Company
develops effective and easy-to-use products to enhance surgeons’ care and patients’ lives. Today, Intellijoint technology lives in the operating room, helping surgeons improve implant positioning during hip and knee replacement surgeries. Our technology has been used in over 50,000 surgeries - enabling us to gain real-world feedback from patients and surgeons to improve our products. We are seeking a Team Lead, Sales Consultant
to lead our team in Edison, New Jersey.
As a Team Lead, Sales Consultant
with Intellijoint Surgical, you will directly manage a team of Sales Consultants and/or Associate Sales Consultants, ensuring everyone is set up for success to expand our user base in Edison, New Jersey.
This role will function as a leader and mentor to the team in driving Intellijoint’s sales growth through the generation and execution of sales opportunities. Team leads are responsible for increasing the number of new hospitals, surgery centers, and surgeons using Intellijoint products while increasing the utilization of products within existing accounts. Our sales team takes pride in driving the business forward through relationship development, providing outstanding customer service, and committing to closing sales opportunities. This role requires a high degree of personal responsibility and acting as a role model for the team. Success in this role is leading a team that consistently balances surgery case coverage, business expansion, business acquisition, and territory logistics.
As a snapshot,
we are looking for someone who is:
- A leader that motivates and mentors their selling pod to achieve and surpass their goals
- A humble, team player that listens to others’ ideas, shares thoughts, and ultimately knows that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Fiercely mission-driven. At Intellijoint, we’re dedicated to our mission - to improve patients' lives by providing every surgeon with effective, easy-to-use technology - and expect our sales organization to humbly live by it every case, every day.
- Influential and persuasive with experience acquiring new business in the medical technology, medical device, and/or orthopedics market.
- An organized, self-starter that understands there is a process and structure to achieving strong results.
- A challenger that doesn’t accept status quo
Skills and Experience to Enable Success:
- Directly manage a team of 1-3 Sales Consultants and/or Associate Sales Consultants.
- Lead, direct or delegate the management of complex selling activities involving multiple decision makers and teams of buyers, this includes activities such as generating leads, making sales calls, identifying decision makers, influencing change in customers, and gaining/renewing hospital contract approvals.
- Achieve revenue targets each and every quarter by expanding business with existing customers and converting new business, while ensuring the existing customer base is retained.
- Interview, hire, train, and develop top talent as required to maintain and build your team
- Able to turn sales data into trends and actionable next steps for team
- Become technically proficient and provide surgical case coverage to ensure the safe and effective use of Intellijoint Surgical’s technology. This includes providing training to hospital staff and delivery/set-up of instruments and systems
- Establishes and maintains communication with peers and sales management through Intellijoint’s CRM tool. Attention is dedicated to the number of sales calls made, follow-up required, market/opportunity potential, and recommendations as to new sales, pricing, or promotional strategies
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Research & Development to convey customer feedback and provide insights into new opportunities and/or programs for growth.
- Maintain, track, and effectively deploy equipment and assets throughout the assigned area, ensuring product availability. Ensure all promotional materials are maintained in a presentable manner. Ensure Intellijoint Surgical’s products and offerings meet the highest quality standards.
- Lead in-territory distribution/logistics such as tray and consumable delivery to facilities, system updates, and system setup.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Experience working in the medical device or medical technology, ideally within the orthopedics industry
- 7-10 years of sales experience with a consistent track record of exceeding targets.
- Superior business communications, sales presentations, and the ability to understand and articulate the value of the company’s products in both clinical and economic terms.
- Act as a role model to selling colleagues and actively participate in maintaining a culture of selling excellence.
- Ability to make thoughtful, independent decisions in fast-paced, high-stress situations
- Strong emotional intelligence with the ability to use a methodical approach to selling within the unique hospital and surgical settings.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor team members.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and support initiatives across the organization.
- Ability to navigate challenges, and understand roadblocks and “no” answers while adapting to these responses.
- Experience being present in an Operating Room or cadaver environment is an asset
- Strong technical aptitude, including mental math and trigonometry
Physical Job Requirements:
- Occasional out-of-territory travel, often on short notice
- Working on a flexible work schedule
- Must have a valid driver's license, active vehicle insurance policy, and access to a vehicle daily
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Expectations & Employee Experience
- Frequent 2-handed lifting of up to 40 lbs. from floor to chair/table and from one to another surface at approximately the same level.
- Sitting, standing and/or walking for up to eight plus hours per day.
- Environmental exposures include eye protection, infectious disease and radiation.
- Ability to wear 7-9 lbs of lead for extended periods of time while in the Operating Room.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer.
- Team Lead, Sales Consultants are required to be within their assigned territory each day to be available as unscheduled needs arise.
- Team Lead, Sales Consultants serve as a primary resource for scheduled and on-call assignments to address business needs.
- Has access to a vehicle and must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, which may include weekend and/or overnight travel.
- Ability to satisfy credentialing requirements for hospital access, including hospital-mandated vaccination requirements and/or other health screening requirements.
- Ability to navigate tight spaces within an Operating Room.
Intellijoint Surgical is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive work environment. It is our policy to recruit and select applicants solely on the basis of their qualifications. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
- Be passionate about growth, personally and professionally and know that we will support you along the way.
- Work hard each and every day but know that you will be rewarded for that hard work.
- Work alongside a highly talented and driven group of team members and colleagues’ organization wide
- Work in an environment with high transparency and collaboration along with lots of fun and social activities
- Be ok with change and share in our excitement as we scale
- Flexibility so that you can do your best both at work and outside of it
Intellijoint Surgical encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Those in need of accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process should notify
Powered by JazzHR