As a Sales Representative working for Lexington Medical, you will be a subject matter expert of our market leading minimally-invasive surgical stapling solution, consult surgeons in the operating room and achieve predetermined sales goals and quotas.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter and a relationship builder who strategically approach each sales opportunity with a thorough understanding of a customer’s needs and our product attributes. He/she will thrive in establishing, building, and nurturing customer relations through constant communications and in-person appointments.
What you will do:
- Meet and exceed sales objectives for the territory
- Develop and implement sales strategies to maintain high retention rate of existing accounts in territory
- Build and cultivate excellent rapport with stakeholders including hospitals, surgical centers, physicians, and surgical personnel (Bariatric, Colorectal, Thoracic) to maintain longstanding relationships
- Effectively collaborate with peers to identify mutual opportunities and support customer relationships
- Develop and implement market development strategies and pursue leads to increase customer base
- Conduct and evaluate market research including customers and competitors’ activities
- Leverage marketing materials, clinical evidence, and customer testimonials through consultative and value-based selling
- Be a resource to the surgical team, providing guidance and insight on the product and technical assistance regarding any product questions, objections, or complaints
- Assess customer feedback for new products or modifications to existing products and report back to R&D, Operations and Marketing
- Conduct quarterly business reviews to exhibit achievement of sales goals
What you bring to the table:
- BS or BA degree in Business and/or related discipline preferred
- 3-5 years selling medical devices in the Operating Room market to Ambulatory Surgery Hospitals and Community Hospitals
- Proven track record in sales achievement
- Ability to learn and apply technical knowledge base as it relates to surgery and procedures
- Ability to develop and foster relationships through interpersonal and persuasive communication skills
- Ability to successfully cold call and cultivate new business
- Experience with contract negotiation in a highly competitive market
- Demonstrated success in introducing new technologies to the market
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Ethics, integrity, and trust
Lexington Medical is a successful, growing venture-backed medical device company, manufacturing minimally invasive surgical stapling solutions. With the highest standards in design engineering and smart manufacturing, our team delivers disruptive innovation to health care providers which improves surgical outcomes for their patients in a thriving $5B+ Surgical Stapler market. Our recruiting philosophy is centered on hiring highly talented individuals who are looking to have a major impact and ultimately make a real difference in the lives of millions of patients worldwide.
The base compensation for this role is $100,000-$120,000/ year base plus uncapped commission for the position in the Northeast.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location.