As the Vice President (VP) of sales, you play a pivotal role in leading our sales efforts across our global network of research sites, aligning with our mission and vision. Reporting directly to the COO, you will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive sales strategy that drives revenue growth, market expansion, and brand recognition. This role is an exciting opportunity to lead a high-performing team and shape the future of our sales operations in the dynamic field of health technology and clinical research, with a focus on ensuring equal access to quality care and research for patients worldwide.
The VP of Sales will collaborate with our client leadership to develop commercialization strategies that enable the company's portfolio to meet its full revenue potential. In this role, you will lead the sales team and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive the market adoption of our comprehensive end-to-end software platform, FICS. As a sales leader, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth of our client business and contribute to the overall company-wide objectives.
- Develop and execute a robust sales strategy that aligns with our mission and vision, fostering innovation in health technology and clinical research to provide equal access to quality care and research for patients globally.
- Defines 1-, 3- and 5-year global strategic growth plans for driving maximized growth in Net Sales, Value share and gross contribution.
- Understand the nuanced value proposition of our FICS platform, offering and leading a consultative sale of that service.
- Develop strong client and internal relationships to identify and create new and expanded business opportunities.
- Set localized sales strategies in various geographic locations and facilitate the adoption of technology to address local, unmet needs.
- Lead and mentor a dedicated sales team, providing guidance, training, and motivation to exceed sales targets, in line with our goal of empowering life sciences companies to develop solutions faster.
- Monitor industry trends, competitor activities, and market dynamics to identify opportunities and challenges, helping us develop solutions faster and reach diverse patient populations.
- Accurately forecast sales revenue and develop plans to meet or exceed revenue targets, contributing to our vision of global expansion and innovation.
- Streamline and optimize the sales process to maximize efficiency and effectiveness, supporting our objective of developing effective solutions.
- Work collaboratively with the subject matter experts during the sales process to match customer needs and expectations. Proactive communications and collaborative efforts with the cross-functional teams is key to the position’s success.
- Continuously gather information, analyze, and develop strategies concerning client and prospective client business dynamics, including stakeholder management and mapping
- Manage and build cross-functional process and communication in support of the overall business strategy.
- Ensures that all sales activities are executed in full compliance with Company guidelines.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA), preferred in business, economics, biological, or medical sciences.
- Minimum of 14+ years’ experience with a bachelor’s degree or 10+ year with a master’s degree, preferred in pharmaceutical sales and marketing experience.
- Experience in healthcare software sales and marketing preferred.
- Oncology therapeutic experience preferred.
- Biotech or pharmaceutical global marketplace launch experience preferred.
- Experience designing and building out a commercial function.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead teams and have the managerial courage to make and stand by difficult decisions.
- Experience in navigating the complex decision-making process, including owning accounts at the C-Suite level.
- Global and/or international experience preferred.
- Must thrive working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural, fast-changing environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Record of attracting and developing strong sales talent.
- Highly skilled in influencing cross-functional teams, including interfacing with key internal and external stakeholders and with scientific and commercial teams.
- Significant strategy development knowledge and in working in white space.
- Strong understanding of sales project management, including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed sales plans, and organize cross-functional efforts.
- Can manage competing priorities and multitask effectively while quickly and effectively progressing deals through the sales process.
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills and executive presence
- CRM software proficiency preferred (e.g., Salesforce, HubSpot)
- PC, including MS Office Suite
- Data analytics skills (Excel, data analysis tools)
- Industry-specific software familiarity preferred (EHR, CTMS)
- Remote work technology adaptability
Travel: Willing to travel up to 30% of the time, both to client meetings and industry events.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
- You will lead the team in Sales Strategy.
- You will collaborate regularly with the external Sales teams, Marketing, Marketing Op’s, Finance etc.,