About The Role
This is a virtual and remote opportunity.
The region will support: North Florida, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Pensacola and Gainesville.
About the Role:
10 major new medicines planned for launch over the next few years creating new career opportunities for those who want to make a direct impact on patients at scale. We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine! The Cardiovascular Virtual Sales Specialist is accountable for driving product demand and building/performing business plans to meet sales goals for assigned area for the approved Novartis cardiovascular portfolio consistent with Novartis’ compliance standards. The Cardiovascular Virtual Sales Specialist will increase virtual engagement of HCP and office staff by fostering an evolution to a new form of sales, while driving area sales performance, market share, and optimal resource utilization through a virtual platform.
- Collaborate with Area Business Leaders and Territory Account Specialists to build and implement business plans while ethically and compliantly driving achievement of sales targets for assigned area, customers, or therapeutic area.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with all Territory Account Specialists and counterparts to ensure office coverage and pull-through with key customers in the assigned geography.
- Provide warm leads to the Territory Account Specialists based on coverage of remote and lower tier HCP’s and uses expert knowledge of Novartis Cardiovascular brands to build professional customer relationships and to support effective clinical discussions.
- Provide vacancy coverage for local territories to call on customers live and/or virtually and deliver samples either live and/or via mail based on business need.
- Develops and applies understanding of customer organizations and networks and of diverse influences that affect customer decisions (e.g., peer relationships).
- Completes call plans for customers, including medical experts from customer or academic communities.
- Makes effective use of available technologies, marketing assets and channels to support sales calls.
- Deploys and uses approved marketing and sales promotional materials and programs and runs virtual promotional programs and facilitates pull-through activities.
Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary: The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between: Virtual Sales Specialist: $69,600 and $104,400/year | Senior Virtual Sales Specialist: $76,300 and $114,500/year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.EEO Statement
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, or business-related field).
- 2+ years in a B2B sales environment or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in computer technology that is specific to virtual sales or learning environments.
- Proficiency in communication and influencing skills.
- This is a virtual and remote position that will support key accounts in an assigned region. The candidate must reside within no more than an hour time zone difference of the region and be able to work hours required for territory management in targeted accounts time zones. Ability to travel 10% for training or other business purposes is required. No relocation assistance available.
- It is preferred for the Candidate to reside within region, or within 100 miles from region border.
The position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
Virtual Sales Specialist:
- 2+ years in a B2B sales environment or equivalent experience.
Senior Virtual Sales Specialist:
- 5+ years of inside sales experience and 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical/medical sales, in the past 15 years.
Why Novartis: Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people’s lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn more here: https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
You’ll Receive: You can find everything you need to know about our benefits and rewards in the Novartis Life Handbook. https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-rewards
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams’ representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org call +1(877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy (customer-facing roles only): While Novartis does not require vaccination for COVID-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for COVID-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to Eh.email@example.com.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
For Field Roles with a Dedicated Training Period: The individual hired for this role will be required to successfully complete certain initial training, including home study, in eight (8) or fewer hours per day and forty (40) or fewer hours per week.Division
Innovative Medicines USBusiness Unit
CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENTWork Location
Jacksonville, FLCompany/Legal Entity
Novartis PharmaceuticalsFunctional Area
Full TimeEmployment Type