About The Department
The Cardiometabolic Care Sales Team is at the forefront of US sales efforts for Novo Nordisk’s robust cardiometabolic product portfolio, which includes world-class therapies for treating multi-morbid conditions such as diabetes, obesity, and the reduction of major adverse cardiovascular events. Our ambition is to advance broad cardiometabolic disease management by bringing exciting new therapies to market to improve patient outcomes. As a team member, you will connect therapies to new specialties, build cardiometabolic advocates, and apply learnings that impact local markets and the organization in a cross-collaborative way.
At Novo Nordisk, we create value by having a patient-centered approach and are committed to providing innovation to the benefit of our stakeholders. We focus on personal performance and development and have a culture centered on helping leaders create the conditions for people to be at their best. If you want to join a highly diverse and collaborative team and are ready to take the next step in your career with a company committed to meeting the evolving needs of patients with cardiometabolic diseases, come join us!The Position
Consistently achieves goals and maximizes sales by executing local Sales and Marketing strategies to promote Novo Nordisk products to target physicians (e.g., Nephrologists, Cardiologists) and key customers.Relationships
Externally, the Specialty Field Sales Representative maintains relationships with physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other key personnel in health care settings and major academic and large community health systems. The Specialty Field Sales Representative also assists their target physicians with their local clinical and educational initiatives by coordinating company resources (e.g., counterparts, materials, information, initiatives, etc.) to ensure an aligned approach to benefit improved patient health.
Internally, the Specialty Field Sales Representative reports to the District Business Manager of the specific sales territory. The Specialty Field Sales Representative interacts on a regular basis with other field-based employees (e.g., DBMs, DCSs, Market Access Team, Diabetes Educators, Medical Liaisons) covering the same geographic areas. The Specialty Field Sales Representative actively shares information and plans to develop a common understanding of individual customers and overlapping market dynamics to ensure a coordinated approach.Essential Functions
- Demonstrates competencies on a consistent basis with territory level impact
- Drives sales, seeks wins, and drives outcomes to exceed goals
- Collaborates at a high level by sharing key customer insights/trends with colleagues and stakeholders
- Leads team/partner initiatives to consistently drive results based on understanding of hcp influence across total geography
- Identifies and leverages key customer insights to remain ahead of market trends and developments
- Consistently seeks wins and drives successful outcomes
- Recognizes opportunities to productively and respectably challenge and influence target physicians’ approach to patient management and adds value by sharing new information and unique insights
- Leverages superior understanding of complexities within the targeted physician customer base in order to maximize performance
- Applies high level business acumen and analytical skills to continually advance the business and drive exceptional results
- Exhibits product and disease state fluency
- Employs an account mindset by understanding the complexity and dynamics of the local market and adapt to business priorities (e.g. makes trade-offs to decide time spent in account vs. results)
- Adapts and learns new skills to succeed in new environments; flexible to build upon what is available
- Effectively develops and employs business and tailored account plans, employs keen business acumen and analysis, and utilizes developed tools and resources to address patient needs and meet sales goals and objectives
- Demonstrates a keen ability to both think broadly across relevant stakeholders to ensure future success, as well as executing against immediate opportunities to drive performance
- Coordinates and collaborates with other representatives to leverage provider relationships in both Endo and PCP segments to drive results across total geography
- Executes sales strategies based on evaluation of customer needs, dynamics, trends, and competitors’ products or services
- Maintains required activity records/reports, including timely and accurate transmission of call data
- Understand the scientific and clinical underpinnings of brand strategies and the implications and importance of generating advocacy and support for them
- Demonstrates professionalism and a customer-focused approach with internal and external stakeholders by actively listening, identifying and addressing customers and patients’ needs, and keeping commitments
- Demonstrates proficiency in implementing the Novo Nordisk Way selling model with external customers and during company sponsored meetings
- Strategic Planning- Pre-Call Planning, Post-Call Analysis
- Creates Customer Engagement-Open Purposefully, Uncover Needs
- Adapts Approach-Provide Solutions and Deliver Core Messages, Resolve Objections
- Call to Action-Gain Commitment with Impact, Transition
- For launch of new products, programs and services, establishes alignment among targeted physicians around the need for change, the value propositions the new product, program or service represents and the appropriate patients that would benefit in order to ensure early trial and utilization
- Generates advocacy for Novo Nordisk products and services by sharing approved clinical and scientific information and insights with target physicians
- Recognizes opportunities to productively challenge HCPs clinical management of patients that respects their knowledge and experience and adds value by sharing new information and offering unique insights
- Evaluates the patient and practice needs of customers utilizing a patient-centric approach and tailoring the approach to customers and patients’ needs
- Uses understanding of practice guidelines, chronic care models, protocols, etc. to engage HCPs in clinical conversations to appreciate how they manage patients with diabetes and where they currently position Novo Nordisk Inc.,(NNI) products and devices
- Exercises prudent control over samples and other company property in accordance with company policies and procedures and legal requirements
- Manages discretionary territory budget and marketing promotional program budget to support territory sales goals
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of the clinical treatment of diabetes and its comorbidities and complications by actively using approved resources to engage HCPs in constructive and ongoing dialogue to support improved patient health
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all promoted NNI approved clinical studies and the skill to engage customers (prescribers, support staff, pharmacies) with fair balance on proper placement within the treatment continuum
- Participates in and contributes product and disease state knowledge during sales and marketing meetings, training programs, conventions and displays as appropriate
Driver must maintain a valid driver’s license. Must be in good standing by not exceeding the Novo Nordisk points threshold assigned based on review of Motor Vehicle Records.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree, and/or Pharm D required
- Minimum of two (2) years of pharmaceutical, medical, field or market experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making ability
- Intermediate computer skills required (Windows, Word, Excel); prior computer experience using sales data/call reporting software ideal
- Mastery knowledge of the clinical management of diabetes and the range of treatment options
- Must be a self-starter and be able to evaluate options and make decisions on your own with minimal supervision
The base compensation range for this position is $84,000 to $157,000. Base compensation is determined based on a number of factors. In addition, this position is part of the Annual Performance Incentive Plan. The role may also be eligible for a long-term incentive bonus depending on level and other Company factors. The position is eligible for a company car through the Company’s FLEET program.
Employees are also eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs including medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; disability insurance; 401(k) savings plan; flexible spending accounts; employee assistance program; tuition reimbursement program; and voluntary benefits such as group legal, critical illness, identity theft protection, pet insurance and auto/home insurance. The Company also offers time off pursuant to its uncapped sick time policy, flex-able vacation policy, and parental leave policy.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.