Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Neuroscience), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a National Sales Director, Mood, to be based in Titusville, New Jersey.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Neuroscience) is a company driven by dedication to product innovation, customer focus and employee and organizational excellence.
Our goal is to build on our leadership position in major existing therapeutic categories, while pioneering and taking the lead in new categories. We actively identify and pursue innovative business opportunities. We create partnerships that contribute to mutual success. People are our strength and the source of our growth. We are committed to providing a diverse, dynamic and challenging work environment where associates and their ideas can develop and thrive. Our focus on customers, partners, people and innovation creates sustainable, profitable growth and shareholder value. Our business practices reflect the responsibilities expressed in the Johnson & Johnson Credo.
The National Sales Director (NSD), Mood
, is a critical leadership position for Neuroscience. Highly effective leadership is vital to our success in achieving our vision and executing our mission. We are focused on launch excellence and superior business results across our broad portfolio of products. The role of the NSD is crucial to helping our sales force deploy and continually develop such capabilities as customer engagement expertise, business insight collection, integration of digital technologies and solution-oriented collaboration -- all of which help position us as a trusted and valued partner to our customers, ensuring that we outperform the competition and deliver our business goals. The NSD must embody the trust and respect that serves as the foundation for our culture of engagement and belonging.
The National Sales Director, Neuroscience (NSD), Mood, is a critical member of the Neuroscience Leadership team and reports to the Neuroscience President. This NSD role is responsible for leading a large, diverse, and highly experienced field sales organization that is adept at driving demand, managing key account relationships, and working collaboratively with a coalition of specialists, medical affairs partners, and cross Janssen strategic customer group resources. This role will partner closely with other NSD’s, Marketing Leaders, Franchise Partners, Commercial Insights and Analytics, Learning and Development, Sales Operations, Human Resources, etc. to ensure that our field organization is equipped and capable of meeting our customer and business expectations of today and in the future. This leader must be adept in working in direct leadership and effective influencing in a matrixed/shared management environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic Planning and Delivery of Business Results for SPRAVATO.
- Establishing and executing a comprehensive business plan for the Mood sales team which aligns Franchise and Brand Strategy with current market conditions that include in-person, virtual, and hybrid engagements to drive optimal business results.
- Identifying and coordinating resources, monitoring operating expenses/business metrics, and maintaining key relationships essential to achieving growth and profitability targets, regardless of market conditions.
- Proactively leading the team in achieving and exceeding goals.
- Partnering with Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Sales Operations, Commercial Insights and Analytics, and Talent Management on optimization and integration of sales plans, development plans, coaching, incentive compensation.
- Elevating the sales team to be a high performance, outcomes-focused, organization where diversity and inclusion are valued, and where the team's skills, knowledge, and abilities continually evolve to meet current and future needs.
- Consistently striving to achieve performance excellence in a compliant and ethical manner.
- Developing and applying next generation analytics, knowledge of the marketplace, clinical insights, and customer engagement expertise to achieve superior results.
- Undergraduate degree (B.A. /B.S. required); Masters in related field or M.B.A is preferred.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of success with a minimum of 10 years cross functional experience in key Commercial roles (ex. sales, sales leadership, marketing, global commercial strategy or strategic marketing, payer/access experience, analytics, international experience, new product development).
- Must have extensive, diverse cross functional experience, including a minimum of 4 years brand marketing and/or global strategic marketing.
- Very strong direct people management / leadership experience required, including prior experience leading management level teams is required.
- Ability to lead, develop, coach and engage high performing, diverse teams is required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Very strong demonstrated leadership skills consistent with the J&J Leadership Imperatives (Connect / Shape / Deliver / Lead).
- Demonstrated high level of commercial capabilities and clear cycles of success in prior roles.
- Ability to maximize business opportunities and insights.
- Strong ability to innovate, collaborate and deliver results.
- Ability to handle significant pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Significant travel (~30%-40%) including sales and medical meetings, training and field visits.
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical or medical device sales as either a professional sales representative, district manager, or regional business director is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated capabilities and traits for career path versatility to progress to other key roles are strongly preferred.
The target salary for this position is $163,000-$282,900.
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.