DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson, the largest, most innovative, and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world, is recruiting for an Early Intervention Associate Sales Consultant in San Antonio/Austin, TX territory.
Early intervention (EI) is one of the fastest growing platforms in the DePuy Synthes North America portfolio and is comprised of buy-and-bill biologics as well novel non-surgical solutions in the space of sports medicine and osteoarthritis. Our market-leading, dedicated Early Intervention sales team is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit within a competitive and results oriented culture.
DePuy Synthes, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com
The Early Intervention Associate Sales Consultant position is designed to provide support to accounts as directed by the Regional Manager, reporting to the Regional Manager and working at the direction of a Sales Consultant to sell and manage the Monovisc, Orthovisc, and Peak PRP product lines, ensuring the achievement of an annual sales quota and other related targets in their geographic territory. This includes working with surgeons, non-operative sports medicine physicians, pain management specialists, rheumatologists, office and hospital staff, and administration throughout various aspects of the product sales cycle.
The primary role of the EI-ASC is to maintain and expand market share within current accounts by delivering exceptional customer service and clinical/product support, and may sell the breadth of the EI portfolio, services, and solutions within assigned new accounts.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Assist Early Intervention Sales Consultant(s) in retaining sales and supporting sales growth within existing accounts, while supporting product conversions with assigned new customers. Work closely with the EISC and RM to evaluate and act on sales trends. Provide timely updates to the RM on business activities, key customers, and market insights. Actively focus on EI strategic priorities.
- Develop and implement proactive account specific plans and strategies to maintain and grow sales while providing exceptional customer service to each account. Differentiate products versus the competition. Promote special marketing programs within geography.
- Gain access to the right customers, building effective relationships across key decision makers through routine customer visits. Provide product demonstrations and in-services, while promoting online benefits and reimbursement web portal.
- Strive to improve patient care. Act as a problem solver and maintain excellent response time and follow up. Provide support to surgeons and other personnel during Peak PRP cases.
- Maintain company assets, sales equipment, and promotional materials in proper condition and use them to support territory efforts. Submit all required administrative paperwork in a timely manner.
- Extensive travel within territory required, with the possibility of occasional weekend and/or overnight travel.
One of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree or
- Associate degree or Medical Certification (CST, PT, etc.) + minimum of 2 years of professional experience or
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience or
- Recently transitioned from Active Military Duty
- Residence in or ability to relocate to the posted territory.
- Must be willing and able to travel to all accounts within an assigned territory, as directed by DePuy Synthes Early Intervention Field Sales Leadership. This position may require extensive travel within territory, with the possibility of weekend work and/or limited overnight travel.
- A valid Driver’s license issued in the United States.
- 1-3 years of relevant sales or professional experience, preferably within business to business, biotech, medical, clinical, or pharmaceutical industries.
Additional Competency and Skill Qualifications:
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Strong interpersonal communication including influencing, strategic thinking, problem solving, and business acumen skills.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and positive
- Result-oriented, efficient, and organized with high level attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Passion for patients with internal and external customer focus
- Ability to work independently and autonomously as well as with a team