USA - South Carolina - Columbia , USA - South Carolina - Charleston, USA - South Carolina - FlorencePosted Date:
Nov 7 2023
GSK’s heritage spans more than 300 years, helping billions of people around the world. We are a science-led global healthcare company with a significant US footprint. We have three world leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative medicines, vaccines
, and consumer healthcare products. Ranked #1 in Fortune magazine’s Change the World list for improving access to medicines. We are a company of more than 100,000 individuals, united by our mission and our four values of patient focus, integrity, respect for people, and transparency.This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Develop and lead team to execute district business plan and implement district business strategies to meet district, regional and national objectives.
- Lead and manage therapeutic area to sell promoted products to all customers according to the direction of management.
- Lead and manage the therapeutic area to promote the product portfolio for all their sales force, including the products that are not part of the bonus plan.
- Recruit, hire and retain qualified representatives. Prepare all required paperwork and administrative procedures to support hiring activities.
- Monitor progress in meeting established objectives.
- Ensure optimum coverage of all customers and potential customers.
- Provide adequate training, coaching, follow-up, and development of sales representatives in all phases of their work including career development.
- Ensure that representatives understand marketing strategies and thoroughly communicate balanced product information.
- Plan and conduct sales meeting to inform, train, and motivate representatives.
- Keep current on relevant matters including company business, policy and procedures.
- Ensure effective distribution of products in the district including adequate stocking and adequate coverage of all distribution channels.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 4-year BA/BS degree from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical, specialty, medical device, or rare disease experience.
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which will include some overnight and/or weekend travel. The amount will depend on the specific district size.
- Valid Driver’s License
The following characteristics it would be a plus:
- 2+ years' experience leading/managing in a complex healthcare environment.
- Headquarter/Cross Functional experience, i.e. marketing, sales training, sales operations experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and healthcare business acumen
- Excellent understanding of, and response to, the changing selling environment – mastery of selling and coaching skills.
- Strong performance history.
- Strong communication, coaching and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate internal matrix.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify unique sales opportunities and to perform tasks beyond designated responsibilities.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigors, and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
Please visit GSK US Benefits Summary to learn more about the comprehensive benefits program GSK offers US employees.Why Us?
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.