Requisition Number AMER29123 Employment Type Full-time Location LaVerne, CaliforniaJob Summary
Zimmer Biomet is a global medical technology leader. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
Responsible for attaining sales goals and objectives through the creation and execution of a sales plan in the assigned area. This position will drive sales growth through communication and in-person interactions with current and prospective customers regarding Zimmer Biomet products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds strong relationships with key surgeons in the given area, while able to cover orthopedic procedures with clinical proficiency and business acumen.
- Builds and implements a sales plan for the assigned area, manages and tracks customer sales activity and prospective customer initiatives, achieves sales targets, reports on sales progress and competitor and customer activities to sales leader, and utilizes the surgery management system to ensure flawless execution of product delivery to the customer.
- Plans, coordinates and executes local educational and sales events, with the support of other internal resources, intended to augment the business and help to deliver assigned sales goals.
- Supports referral network of key surgeons and works with key surgeons to educate referrals on Zimmer Biomet products.
- Strictly adheres to all laws and Zimmer Biomet policies and SOPs regarding the interaction with HCP’s (Health Care Professionals), product handling and complaints, expense reporting, sales activities and training.
- Provides after hour and/or evening case coverage and add on case coverage for team and/or territory. Includes weekend and on-call case coverage and add on case coverage for team and/or territory.
- Collaborate with and provide sales support for team and/or territory, which includes the transportation of Zimmer Biomet instruments and implants for day, evening, add on or weekend cases.
Expected Areas of Competence
- In-depth understanding of customers and their requirements.
- Ability to mentor others based on proven sales track record with customers.
- Ability to become technically proficient with the complete portfolio of products.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and influence others.
- Willing and capable of carrying weights up to 50 pounds, independently.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 2 years’ proven experience in orthopedic sales, or a minimum of 6 years’ proven sales experience in the medical device industry.
- Up to 95% predominantly by car, depending on territory.
- Up to 20% overnight travel may be required.
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.
As a Zimmer Biomet team member, you will share in our commitment to providing mobility and renewed life to people around the world. This is why we offer you a competitive rewards package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness incentives, employee assistance programs as well as paid time off for vacation and holidays.
Compensation range: $90 - 115K USD Per Year