McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.The Role
McKesson is seeking a leader to fill the role of Vice President, Lab Strategic Accounts. The VP will lead a team of 13 employees in achieving McKesson Medical Surgical’s $700 million Laboratory revenue goal across our Strategic Accounts (Corporate Accounts, Health Systems, Government). This is a remote opportunity, and candidates can be located anywhere in the US. The role is responsible for developing and executing sales through:
- Leading 13 Field Vice Presidents.
- Team training and development, retention of top talent, establishing clear objectives, measurement systems and performance management. Identifies professional development opportunities and provides training necessary to improve performance. Builds a strong and diverse team through external hiring and internal development.
- Building key relationships with customers. Develops and maintains business relationships with the C suite of large or corporate/national accounts to promote the Lab Services & Solutions value proposition. Adapts Lab strategy and Val Prop for customer segments; engages in the development of new strategies for the segment.
- Developing and executing sales plans to achieve financial goals. Implement systems and processes to ensure initiatives are successful, forecasting is accurate, and teams are sharply focused on attaining objectives.
- Building productive and collaborative relationships with all Lab Specialists teams, supported Sales teams, Marketing, Product Strategy & Supplier Partnerships, and key Manufacturers to support the achievement of sales objectives.
- Advancing team selling strategies & tactics, influencing supported Sales teams & customers, and establishing support models for new markets.
- 13+ years of business experience in a related field
- 6+ years of diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization, and people motivation skills (or equivalent experience) preferred
- Sales leadership
- Must possess high level of knowledge healthcare industry; Laboratory experience preferred; Large Customer experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success building collaborative relationships within a matrix environment
- Project planning, management, budgeting, and resource allocation
- Selling processes, legal processes, and financial acumen
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Strategic thinking skills and strong planning and execution skills
- Ability to understand complex business models and develop a course of action to execute plans.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- General office demands
- Must have the ability to travel up to 60% of the time
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to support physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, please click here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Total Target Cash (TTC) Pay Range for this position:
$197,900 - $329,900
Total Target Cash (TTC) is defined as base pay plus target incentive.McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.Join us at McKesson!