we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
At AstraZeneca, we are taking bold action on climate because we recognize the connection between healthy people and a healthy planet. As part of our flagship Ambition Zero Carbon program, we have committed to a fully electric vehicle (EV) fleet by the end of 2025, which means that all of our drivers will be assigned an EV.
The AstraZeneca’s US BioPharma Respiratory and Immunology (R&I) Team holds a unique position in respiratory disease, including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), with a range of differentiated potential medicines in development by using novel combinations, biologics and devices. The pipeline also has several promising assets in inflammatory and autoimmune diseases within areas such as psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, systemic lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. As a Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist for R&I Primary Care Team
, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives!Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Function independently with sales proficiency to drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations.
- Successfully complete training requirements, including product examinations.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to your assigned sales territory.
- Partner with your District Sales Manager and Regional Sales Director to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in your territory.
- Capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plans by using a wide variety of promotional, personnel resources and analytical tools to enhance effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs.
- Provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca’s ethical guidelines.
- Work with Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A driver’s license and safe driving record
Please note - Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Knowledge of the medical, healthcare or pharmacy industry and skills in clinical; preferably within Respiratory therapeutic areas
- Prior sales experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership
- Exemplified judgment and decision-making capability
- Be results-oriented with demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. A culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
The annual base salary (or hourly rate of compensation) for this position ranges from $74,700-$140,700. However, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, our positions offer a short-term incentive bonus opportunity; eligibility to participate in our equity-based long-term incentive program (salaried roles) or to receive a retirement contribution (hourly roles). Benefits offered included a qualified retirement program [401(k) plan]; paid vacation and holidays; paid leaves; and, health benefits including medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Additional details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.