McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
McKesson Corporation is a global leader in healthcare supply chain management solutions, retail pharmacy, community oncology and specialty care, and healthcare information solutions. McKesson partners with pharmaceutical manufacturers, providers, pharmacies, governments and other organizations in healthcare to help provide the right medicines, medical products and healthcare services to the right patients at the right time, safely and cost-effectively. United by our ICARE shared principles, our employees work every day to innovate and deliver opportunities that make our customers and partners more successful - all for the better health of patients. McKesson has been named a “Most Admired Company” in the healthcare wholesaler category by FORTUNE, a “Best Place to Work” by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, and a top military-friendly company by Military Friendly. For more information, visit www.mckesson.com .
We take pride in our culture of connection and believe in a workplace where everyone can be their full, authentic self. We welcome and encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities and others with diverse perspectives to join our growing team. Your unique perspective and experience are valuable assets that can translate into a rewarding career path with us. Apply to join our team and help shape the future of healthcare!Current Need
We are seeking a Corporate Account Director to join our HME team. The territory for this position will cover the Western US and the ideal candidate should live in the Western third of the US and within reasonable distance to an airport.Position Description
The HME Corporate Accounts Director, is responsible for managing mid- sized to large regional and national providers in the Durable/Home Medical Equipment markets. Assigned customers have annual sales potential of at least $2M and annual sales of total customer portfolio will be in the $20 – $100M range.Key Responsibilities
- Close new business and manage existing customers.
- Achieve sales, gross profit, gross margin, AR, freight expense and operating expense objectives by managing existing customer portfolio and closing new customers with minimum $2M in annual sales.
- Work with Sales Vice Presidents, Area Sales Managers, and the entire field sales organization to manage existing customers and implement new customers.
- Responsible for working cross functionally with the legal, marketing, sales support, pricing, reimbursement services, McKesson Brand, accounts receivable, customer systems and operational teams to effectively deliver the McKesson value proposition while maintaining profitability and corporate compliance.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions when appropriate and provide feedback to organization regarding customer value prop, competitive landscape, etc.
- Attend and assist with attendance at national trade shows such as Medtrade or state trade shows, as needed.
- Strong business acumen
- Degree or equivalent and typically requires 7 + years of relevant experience
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- 7 + years of sales experience
- Successful track record of closing and managing large and complex extended care customers
- Ability to work through challenges in dealing with customers
- Ability to manage a process for customers
- Ability to educate on value prop and figure out how to customize services
- Ability to project manage resulting in the implementation of customized services, etc.
- Ability to articulate the difference between key decision makers, C-suite, CEO, CFO, COO, CIO.
- HME industry knowledge preferred
- Must possess high level of knowledge of the healthcare industry, selling processes, legal processes, and financial acumen (understand balance sheets and basic accounting).
- Must possess effective communication skills, verbal, and written.
- Strong collaboration skills required.
- Strategic thinking, planning, and execution skills are a must.
- Must have high energy and ability to move customers to action. (closer).
- Experience and familiarity with Salesforce.com and formal sales processes a plus.
- High amount of overnight travel required, as well as frequent air travel up to 75%
- Can work out of office in home or office at McKesson location.
- 4-year degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Significant amount of time performing computer and phone-based work is required
- Significant amount of time spent traveling via automobile; travel 3 - 4 days/week
- Ability to travel daily within assigned territory.
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to support physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, please click here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Total Target Cash (TTC) Pay Range for this position:
$142,000 - $236,600
Total Target Cash (TTC) is defined as base pay plus target incentive.McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.Join us at McKesson!