The Device Sales Specialist is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key decision makers that lead to future business opportunities. The position increases profitability and expands existing accounts by selling ICU Medical products and extending relationships into new areas with new accounts. As part of a regional device and technology team, Device Sales Specialists are responsible for identifying and closing opportunities for ICU infusion devices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet territory sales quota for ICU IV Infusion Device product line: Plum 360, LifeCare PCA and complimentary dedicated pump infusion sets along with MedNet safety software and IV EMR connectivity.
- Master presentation skills and command of technical knowledge of the ICU family of products and how they relate to guidelines (FDA, CDC, SHEA, INS, ONS, ASHP, etc.) in order to communicate professionally with Hospital Clinicians. Conduct executive level presentations on clinical concepts, current ICU products, and future product pipeline.
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of competing products in the market and how to position ICU Medical's offerings against them clinically. Be the clinical expert / consultative problem solver at the field level for clinical and supply chain contacts.
- Maintain a high level of technical and commercial competence on relevant products, technologies, and services. Quickly demonstrate expertise and establish credibility with clinical and executive decision makers
- Know the assigned territory and customer base, contracts, pumps, solutions, distribution models, etc.
- Be able to conduct product trials and implementation of all ICU products
- Know your market and the clinicians in the market through local AVA, INS, APIC, and ONS chapters
- Develop strategic customer relationships throughout the hospital to drive the purchase of ICU's infusion devices
- Communicate with managers and align sales efforts with Company and regional targets
- Develop and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Negotiate contracts with hospital supply chain and administrative organizations
- Understand market dynamics and healthcare trends
- Work on special projects as they arise
- Work occasionally during weekends/nights, when necessary
Knowledge & Skills
- Self-motivated, energetic, professional, and able to perform job duties with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong presentation skills
- Ability to break down complex concepts and communicate them simply and effectively
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Computer literate and proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills
- A strong desire to see others around you succeed as well as drive toward individual achievement
Minimum Qualifications, Education & Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required
- MBA or MHA a plus
- Minimum 5 years of medical sales experience, selling capital equipment, medical devices, or software in a hospital environment.
- Proven track record of making quota/growth in territory, development of existing customer relationships with Supply Chain. A proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets and a desire to grow new business
- Experience working in a team environment
- Position requires active and current compliance with all credentialing requirements, including COVID-19 vaccination, to perform the essential function of your role at customer locations.
- This job is a field based role.
- Work may be performed in a home office using standard office equipment, as well as on-site at customer locations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time; depending on the needs of a customer
- As part of the scope of employment, the employee must hold a valid driver's license as well as comply and meet the requirements set forth in the Authorized Driver Policy to drive on behalf of the company.
- Typically requires travel 50% of the time
ICU Medical is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.