Pentec Health is hiring Regional Account Manager – Medical Foods! This role is responsible for account management, market development and sales activities within Pentec Health’s Medical Foods division, supporting rare diseases, PKU and more. This includes strategic planning to enter new geographies and lines of business, identifying and directly calling on key physicians/dietitians, hospitals, clinics, referral sources and payers, etc.Ideal candidate must have dietetics background, pharmaceutical sales or medical foods background and be located near a major airport, role requires up to 50% travel.
Responsible for increasing patient census for the medical food business line by educating the clinical staff at metabolic centers of Pentec’s therapies and services.
Responsible for cross-functional cooperation with Sales, Marketing, Operations & Clinical Services, Market Access and other support departments in the coordination of generating business growth and communication for effective processing of referrals / orders. An exceptional Regional Account Manager should be adept at demonstrating excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Authority And Accountability
- Develop and execute sales penetration plans for sales assignment to include the securing of new accounts and expanding existing clients’ business consistent with overall sales strategy to grow Medical Foods services
- Create and develop a robust pipeline of sales prospects for your assigned business line
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the product knowledge and service offerings for Pentec Health and be able to use and apply them as needed to develop solutions and meet prospects needs
- Meet monthly, quarterly and/or annual goals for Pentec’s Medical Foods business line as established by sales leadership
- Contribute market intelligence gathered from field experience and report and/or recommend actions both for tactical and strategic planning
- Drive new patient attainment that utilizes Pentec Health’s Medical Food therapies and services by incorporating proven sales techniques and relationship building
- Pinpoint new business opportunities with clinical staff and other key personnel at local/regional meetings and in metabolic centers / hospitals
- Person will be a remote worker and will require 40-50% travel
Reports directly to the SVP, General Manager of the Medical Foods divisionSkills And Competencies
- Exceptional performance in a sales position or customer engagement position
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in selling and servicing the metabolic industry, including reimbursement sources and products.
- Proven sales, account management, project management and customer leadership ability and skills.
- Strong strategic, creative, analytical, time management and people skills.
- Established ability to source, acquire, develop and retain accounts to include: lead generation, territory management, sales plan execution, selling skills and contact resource management.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Minimum 7+ years of business development and/or sales experience, preferably in the healthcare industry
- Professional certification in either Sales or Customer Service focused course work is a plus
- Medical Foods product experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA in Business, Marketing or comparable education preferred.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) preferred.
Critical features of this job are description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel via car, train or plane, stand, sit, walk, see, hear, use hands and fingers regularly, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Pentec Health, Inc. is committed to maintaining workplaces that are free from illegal drugs, controlled substances, and/or alcohol.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Pentec Health offers
a comprehensive compensation and full benefits package. The estimated base salary for this role is a minimum of $80,000 plus offers an uncapped commission plan
. Actual pay will be based on several factors such as qualifications and skills for the role plus geographic location.
Benefits may include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k match, PTO, paid holidays, disability and life insurance, employee assistance, flexible spending or health savings account, and other additional voluntary benefits.