Enterra Medical, an emerging, U.S. based medical device company, markets a novel, implantable neurostimulator focused on the treatment of nausea and vomiting secondary to Gastroparesis. The Enterra Medical business was launched as an independent company in January of 2022, spinning out of Medtronic.
Enterra Therapy is a fully implantable Gastric Electrical Stimulation (GES) system including a small, battery-powered neurostimulator that is implanted beneath the skin in the lower abdominal region and two stimulation leads that deliver mild, controlled electrical pulses into the muscles and nerves of the stomach. Enterra Therapy has improved the lives of over 15,000 patients, and it has been the subject of a growing number of clinical trials that demonstrate its safety and effectiveness. Enterra Medical was formed to advance the development of GES therapy and apply renewed focus on promotion and selling the demonstrated clinical effects of the therapy.
The Northern Europe General Manager will be responsible for growing market awareness and sales of Enterra Medical products across the United Kingdom, the Nordics (Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland), the Netherlands and Belgium.
- Direct engagement with customers of all types across the geography
- Key Opinion Leader engagement and development
- Proposing and executing a focused, prioritized sales strategy
- Working with marketing and consultants to expand access to Enterra Therapy through improved reimbursement pathways
- Provide clinical and technical service support to existing customer base
- Identifying new business opportunities to support country level and regional growth targets
- Representation at national and international congress and events to support the awareness and development of Enterra Therapy
- Creating new sales territories, recruiting, and managing a sales team and/or selecting and contracting with distributors
The Northern Europe General Manager will work closely with senior management to set the sales and marketing strategy and associated tactics for the region. During the transition period, they will work collaboratively with Medtronic on delivering the products and services to the end customer. A successful candidate will have a demonstrated capability to bridge the details of day-to-day operations and have a vision to effectively drive growth without a large team or significant infrastructure.
We are seeking a proven, high performing medical device sales representative with demonstrated results in past market development and sales execution and leadership positions to help us expand awareness and utilization of Enterra Therapy in Europe.
- Minimum of 10 years documented experience as a high-performing medical sales representative or sales leadership.
- Knowledge of Northern Europe's key healthcare markets for medical devices including functional understanding of reimbursement, hospital budgeting, tendering, etc.
- Experience in implanted neurostimulation and/or calling on gastroenterology strongly desired.
- Degree in Business, Engineering, or Allied Health/Life Sciences.
- Ability to travel between 50-70% of working days
- Ability to work in a field-based role