We are looking for a motivated and results-driven Regional Sales Manager located in Phoenix, AZ (responsible for Phoenix, AZ and Denver, CO regions).
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary plus eligibility for bonuses and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Generous PTO Program, Paid Sick Leave, 8 paid holidays, and an anniversary day to celebrate your work anniversary.
- 401k program, Long-term disability, Short-term disability, and other supplemental benefits.
- Opportunity to work with a supportive team in a fast-paced environment.
- Career growth and advancement.
- Family owned for 135+ years.
What you’ll be doing…
As a Regional Sales Manager, you are responsible for developing and implementing sales, marketing, financial and service strategies across the region. Duties include establishing growth strategies, visiting with customers, co-traveling with sales and services associates, gathering research about the local markets to help drive the region’s success. Achieving net profit goals, maintaining strong margins, and increasing sales by embracing the Burkhart Value Proposition is critical for success. Leading a region requires a strategic thought process in executing strategies that build sales, profitability, and competitive advantage in their marketplaces. Through coaching, development, goal setting that creates accountability is important as you build a cohesive, high-performing regional team and ensure your associates’ success, engagement, and job satisfaction. Success in this role requires a strong leader who embraces the Burkhart story and culture and holds themselves and their team accountable for meeting goals while providing an Exceptional Client Experience.
What success looks like…
- EXCEPTIONAL CLIENT EXPERIENCE: You go above and beyond in order to provide an Exceptional Client Experience. Your communication and customer service skills are effective, respectful and consistently of the highest quality. You demonstrate professionalism while building and maintaining strong relationships. You are an active, engaged, collaborative, and positive teammate/leader with both internal and externa customers.
- FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: You have full P&L responsibility for the region which requires you to be detail-oriented and monitor, manage and collect past due accounts in a team effort with branch offices. You are accurate in daily processing tasks (such as equipment billing, credit processing, account reconciliation, etc.) and take pride in your work.
- LEADERSHIP: Provides strong leadership by setting and achieving challenging goals, taking fast and decisive action when needed, driving business results that outperform competitors, and inspires others to perform at the highest level possible. Has a strategic, long-term outlook. Willingness to delegate, hold their peers and teams accountable, and coach to develop their capabilities.
- COMMUNICATION (SALES): You communicate exceptionally well with your team, branch associates, Burkhart clients, and others, support collaboration between sales and service, and you keep everyone in the loop.
- REGIONAL CLIENT GROWTH: Your region meets goals for new client acquisition as well as client retention.
- TEAM MANAGEMENT: You are an exceptional coach, leader, and mentor for your associates. Your team is engaged, communicates well with each other and other associates, and fully contributes to Burkhart through continued personal and professional development. You meet with each direct report quarterly, reviewing their goals, holding them accountable for their key performance metrics, and provide coaching and strategy for them to meet and exceed their goals. Coaching is well documented.
What you’ll need…
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- 5 years of experience in a sales leadership role with demonstrated success in leading & coaching a team to meet sales goals.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve and manage sales growth in a competitive selling environment.
- The associate must maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to travel by car and plane to meetings and events.
- Travel of up to 40% of time to branch offices, client offices, manufacture locations, and Burkhart meetings/events is required.
Preferred Additional Education and/or Experience:
- Experience with dental or medical equipment service, supplies, and sales organization.
- Annual salary: $160,000 - $175,000 plus eligibility for bonuses and profit sharing.
Our pay ranges are built to allow for candidates with various levels of skill and experience to be considered, as well as for room for growth and tenure achieved in a role over time. Typical new hire salary offers fall within the minimum to midpoint of a pay range for many candidates. Any offer extended to a candidate will be based upon their unique set of knowledge, skills, education, and experience as well as internal equity.
Who we are…
Burkhart Dental Supply is a full-service dental supply company founded on three major principles: integrity, knowledge, and client success. In addition to supplies, we offer equipment and technology, service and repair, practice support and consulting, and office planning and design. We are a family and employee-owned organization proudly led by President Lori Burkhart Isbell, the fifth-generation granddaughter of Founder William E. Burkhart, DDS. Headquartered in Tacoma, Washington, Burkhart has 320 associates, with ten regional divisions in nineteen locations, and three distribution centers.
We pride ourselves on being an honest and ethical business partner and doing what's right for our clients. Holding ourselves accountable and investing in our Associates’ education and training increases their clinical, business, and technical expertise. This helps keep our clients informed and supports them in making knowledgeable business decisions that contribute to their long-term success.
Please visit our website:https://www.burkhartdental.com/career-opportunities
At Burkhart Dental Supply, we believe that a diverse and inclusive work environment allows us to better serve our customers and our associates. Through varying backgrounds, points of view, and experiences, we come together to provide products and services of the highest quality, reliability, and integrity across a diverse spectrum of customers. We believe that what each person brings to the table, as we stand shoulder to shoulder with those we serve, will allow us to do great things for our community.