Pentec Health is hiring a Regional Account Manager (RAM), the RAM is responsible for all sales and marketing activities related to Pentec Health’s Specialty Care Division in an assigned geography. The RAM will identify and cultivate relationships with physicians and other practice personnel to achieve monthly and annual sales goals. The RAM will also coordinate cross-functionally with nursing, pharmacy, contracting, clinical liaison, and intake personnel to streamline communications and manage ongoing operations at the account level.Prior experience in home health or pharmaceutical sales required. Must be located in Michigan, Ohio or Indiana for the Midwest territory and open to travel at least 50%
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively implement sales and marketing strategies throughout an assigned geography. This includes identifying and securing new accounts as well as expanding business with existing customers.
- Actively drive customer interest and manage the referral process to ensure an appropriate payer mix and profitability at the account level in accordance with company goals
- Cultivate and maintain long-term relationships with the entire office staff (physicians, nurses, office manager, case manager, etc.) to ensure a long-standing commitment to refer appropriate patients to Pentec Health
- Coordinate with the referral/intake department, Case Managers, Regional Nurse Directors, and Field RNs to ensure each referred patient is on-boarded in a timely and efficient manner
- Create and maintain detailed documentation on each account within the assigned territory, including personnel names, positions and account preferences.
- Collaborate with other related industry personnel; such as Medtronic, TerSera, Piramal, and Amneal to gather market intelligence and ensure complete coverage of new market potential.
- Manage travel and sales expenses within defined budget parameters including adherence to all related company policies
- Identify and attend relevant local, regional, and national medical conferences that enhance the reputation of Pentec Health in the industry
- Always act in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Perform other duties, special projects as assigned
Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- The ability to convey a targeted message to key healthcare personnel in a professional and convincing manner
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Account management and customer service skills that focus primarily on follow-up and follow through
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with all staff levels and with varied personalities
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and continually multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain long-term relationships with high-level customers
- Be willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time
- General knowledge of specialty infusion, interventional pain, spasticity, or home care businesses
- Established relationships in the relevant market segments including history calling on Anesthesiology, Pain Management, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, and/or Neurology health care professionals
- Experience covering a large, multi-state sales territory
- Experience working with a field nursing team to deliver and or coordinate patient care
Education, Certifications, Trainings:
- Bachelor of Science is required (MBA preferable)
- Intermediate computer skills with programs such as Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 5+ years of medical sales experience; preferably related to home infusion, specialty pharmacy, or medical device.
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving abilities
- Computer experience to include the following: MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel or similar platform
- Proficiency in customer relations management software such as Salesforce and/or other electronic recordkeeping management systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel via car, train or plane, stand, sit, walk, see, hear; use hands and fingers regularly, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
(Place a check mark next to the applicable physical requirements)
_X_Ability to stand for long periods of time
_X_Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
_X_Ability to sit for long periods of time
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Pentec Health provides a comprehensive compensation and full benefits package. The estimated full-time base annual salary is $70,000-$80,000 and is eligible for commissions.
Actual salary will be based on several factors such as qualifications and skills for the role plus geographic location. Benefits include but are not limited to: medical, dental, vision, 401k match, PTO, paid holidays, disability and life insurance, employee assistance, flexible spending or health savings account, and other additional voluntary benefits.Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons